Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting Started

I received the most beautiful seed catalog in the mail last week.  It is from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  There are so many unusual varieties to choose from.  I love flipping through the pages and dreaming about some day growing every one of them!  I've never tried to grow vegetables before, but this spring I am going to give it a try.

Instead of doing a traditional row garden with all the tilling and hoeing, I am going to try a unique and easy garden: bags of topsoil.  I got the idea from an article in Mother Earth News.  All you do is poke holes in the bottom of a bag of topsoil and cut a hole in the top for the seeds or plants.  Sounds simple enough for me.

I've made my list of seeds I want and will order them from Baker Creek soon.  My garden will be small this year.  If it is successful, I'll expand it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment